cat with lump in ear

by kevin
(ireland)

My vet says my cat has a growth in the canal of her ear. She is a one year old black cat. The vet wants a review in three months, should I insist on getting it removed now rather than wait. Thanks


Answer by Kate
Well it does rather depend on whether or not the growth is cancerous or not.

My cat had a growth on her ear which was not but grew and grew until she had to have it surgically removed.

Now i am assuming the vet has tested it to see whether or not it is cancerous or not. in which case if he thinks that it is not then he may be waiting to see if the growth gets bigger which may make it easier to remove.

however if you are unsure or at all unhappy with his diagnosis i always recommend that you seek a second opinion from another vets. i have done this myself and found that one vets approach can be very different from another. At the end of the day it is your pet, your time and money and so you should be happy with the diagnosis and treatment.

best wishes Kate

Click here to post comments

Return to Cat Questions Archive three.


Like This Page

I'd love to hear what you think of this page or my site. Let me know if you like what you have read or if it has helped you with a problem.

It's easy to do just leave a comment in the box below and click the like / share or +1 to let others know about my site. Thank You It really is most appreciated.