help my cat swallowed a balloon
my cat swallowed a balloon. what do i do?
Answer by kate
Balloons like elastic bands although not harmful in themselves regarding toxicity. They can cause chocking hazards and so should always be help away from all pets.
In this case though it sounds like your cat has managed to get it down without choking.
Another possible problem could be that the balloon becomes entangled inside around the intestines especially.
In most cases though the balloon should pass through the body and be expelled naturally the other end in a few days. the problem is you need to know this has happened to be sure it is out of your cats system.
This will mean keeping your cat inside until they have passed the balloon. yes I know this means that you will have to go through their feces but it is the only sure way of knowing.
If your cat has not passed the balloon in a few days or if they show any signs of pain of discomfort then your only cause of action is to seek medical help from your vet.
For more advice regarding other toxic and dangerous items around the home please see my page here toxic plants
I'd love to hear what you think of this page or my site. Let me know if you like what you have read or if it has helped you with a problem.
It's easy to do just leave a comment in the box below and click the like / share or +1 to let others know about my site. Thank You It really is most appreciated.