Gave my cat a bath and now he's acting weird

so my cat is about 13 years old or so.. I gave him a bath last night, it was weird usually he licks himself after but he just sat there. Then later that night he was running down the hat and ran right into the wall then started walking sideways :( then this morning I found a few spots of throw up mostly cat food but I have another cat so it could have been the other one. So I started thinking maybe I didn't get all the shampoo off it was a flea and tick shampoo and he doesn't have fleas but it's all we had I know I had gotten all of it off his back I just fear maybe I didn't get his stomach well I don know why he's acting so weird

Answer by Kate
Well at 13 he may be suffering from an age related illness such as senility which may have been made worse by the upset of the bath (cats don't like baths very much).
As you say the other possibility is that he ingested some of the shampoo which has caused problems..

In my opinion if he is still the same today i would definitely get him to a vet sooner rather than later in case he has poisoned himself.

I hope he is Ok again soon

best wishes Kate

Click here to post comments

Return to Cat Questions.

I'd love to hear what you think of this page or my site. Let me know if you like what you have read or if it has helped you with a problem.

It's easy to do just leave a comment in the box below and click the like / share or +1 to let others know about my site. Thank You It really is most appreciated.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.