Cat Vomiting - Is it poisoning?

by jon
(gloucester ,england)

 simba yates

simba yates

my 3year old ginger cat was sick 3 times last night and it was green he has not eaten anything 2day and is not interested in food or drink. i am very conserned that he has been poisoned he has slept all day and is unresponsive,his breathing is ok though? any ideas would be good. many thanx jon

Answer by KAte
Oh Jon sadly it is impossible to say what the problem could be. It could be a simple tummmy upset, a hairball problem or something worse like poisoning.

I always say if you suspect poisoning at all you must get the cat to the vets as soon as possible. Even if it turns out not you are are at the very least getting the correct diagnosis and medication.

There must be a reason why you suspect poisoning as this would not be my first thought if my cat was sick. So if you have that doubt, call a vet for a early appointment.

I hope it is nothing serious and it will clear up quickly. make sure your cat has plenty of fresh water available as dehydration can set in quickly where there is a lot of sickness.

best wishes Kate

P.S he certainly is a handsome cat. :)

Click here to post comments

Return to Cat Questions Archive three.

I'd love to hear what you think of this page or my site. Let me know if you like what you have read or if it has helped you with a problem.

It's easy to do just leave a comment in the box below and click the like / share or +1 to let others know about my site. Thank You It really is most appreciated.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.